Unlike Boarders (R.I.P.), Barnes and Noble has done a pretty good job of staying relevant in an eBook market. With their house brand of eReader, The Nook, B&N has just announced their entrance into the tablet market just weeks after Amazon announced their Kindle Fire.
The Nook Tablet will be released on November 18, in alignment with the Kindle Fire, and will be a multimedia device with support for books, movies, apps and more. The Nook Tablet will also have full support for Hulu, Netflix and Pandora. Of course there will also be support for books and comics along with a web browser and email capabilities.
Our fastest, lightest tablet with the best in HD entertainment
- HD movies, TV shows and music from the top names—Netflix, Hulu Plus™, Pandora® & more
- World’s most advanced VividView™ 7″ Touchscreen
- Over 2.5 million books, magazines, comics & kids’ books
- Lightning fast Email, Web & smooth streaming video
- Thousands of must-have apps like Angry Birds and Epicurious
- 16 GB of memory, extra-long battery life—yet ultra-light and thin
- Always free NOOK support in-store
The Nook Tablet is now available for preorder at $249, just $50 more than the Kindle Fire, and you can see a full spec list on B&N’s website.