For the first time ever, the Sony PlayStation Vita has outsold the Nintendo 3DS this week in Japan. This can be attributed largely due to the price cut of the Vita in tandem with the release of the popular game “Soul Sacrifice”.
Reports are showing that the PlayStation Vita sold 63,581 units compared to the Nintendo 3DS which sold 61,008 units.
As for consoles, the PS3 is still a strong seller and the Nintendo Wii U continues to struggle in both the Japanese and U.S. markets.
Here is a list of hardware and console sales this week:
- [PS3] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
- [PSV] Soul Sacrifice
- [PSP] Uta no Prince-sama All Star
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- [PSV] Tales of Hearts R
- [PS3] Dynasty Warriors 8
- [PS3] Far Cry 3
- [3DS] Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
- [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden
- [PSV] Soul Sacrifice Double Pack
- PlayStation Vita – 63,581 (62,543)
- Nintendo 3DS LL – 39,801 (50,265)
- Nintendo 3DS – 21,207 (27,174)
- PlayStation 3 – 19,567 (25,725)
- PSP – 18,023 (11,171)
- Wii U – 9,454 (10,021)
- Wii – 1,363 (1,383)
- Xbox 360 – 738 (486)